UEC CORPORATE POLICY
Safety. Quality. Security, Occupational Health and Environmental Awareness are of the highest priority at all levels of UEC. Our Integrated Management system (IMS) is an indispensable asset, an integral part of UEC corporate values that is never compromised, this is achieved by training enhancement to increase qualification and expertise of our employees. it is of the utmost importance that all levels within UEC offer a commitment in line with industry best practices and standards.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO :
· Comply with applicable laws, regulations, standards and procedures, in all locations where operations are conducted in terms of Safety, Quality, Security, Occupational Health and Environmental Awareness.
· Continual improvement of our Integrated Management System and operational performance, including the levels of operational safety, quality and security with regard to national and international requirements to continuously develop our standards and to fulfill interested parties’ requirements.
· Foster positive safety and security culture by the application of non-punitive policy that features flat just, adaptive committed, informed, learning, and reporting elements among all managers and employees through the encouragement of reporting hazards, incidents, threats and inadvertent human error.
· No disciplinary action will be taken against any employee who discloses an incident or occurrence, in which the employee was personally involved in. Unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence or a deliberate disregard of regulations or procedures.
· Provide a safe, secure and healthy work environment, for employees and interested parties, Thus, ensuring the health, safety and security of our staff, customers and every one affected by our operations.
· Identify safety hazards / security threats to eliminated, or reduce potential safety / security risks of operations to As Low As Reasonably Practicable.
· Establish and measure our Performance Indicators against realistic objectives.
· Monitor and evaluate Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs), and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)to ensure effectiveness of the Integrated Management System and to regularly analyze malfunctions or undesirable operational results.
· Ensure confidentiality, integrity and accessibility are the principles for information security in the processing, transmission and storing of such information.
· Prohibit using of psychoactive substances at all locations of the organization.
· Provide all the necessary resources for the implementation of this policy to ensure operational safety, security and quality at the highest level and uses them appropriately.
· Periodically review, communicate with visible endorsement this policy to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to UEC.
Starting with myself as UEC CHAIRMAN. I endorse all personal to think and work with safety and security at all times, regardless of any real or perceived pressures to do otherwise.
Eng. Abdel Rahman Ahmed